external notification commands

Brian Loe knobdy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 20:52:26 CET 2007

On 1/23/07, Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:

> > Doing what you suggest I see that it IS running the notification,
> > except that the quotation marks are lost (which my external app
> > actually needs  - so maybe I can double them up?) and none of the
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. Post what you ended up with. Were they lost
> because I used double-quotes and you use double-quotes? If so, change
> mine to single-quotes.
Check command:
# 'notify-by-pager' command definition
define command{
       command_name    notify-by-pager
       command_line    echo /usr/local/pager/client $CONTACTADDRESS1$
""Service: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nAddress:
$HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\nInfo: $SERVICEOUTPUT$\nDate:
$LONGDATETIME$ $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$: $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is
$SERVICESTATE$"" >> /tmp/nagios_notification.log
       }

Result:
/usr/local/pager/client networktech Service: NSLookupnHost:
dns2nAddress: xx.xxx.xx.xxxnState: CRITICALnInfo: DNS CRITICAL -
expected xx.xxx.xx.yyy but got xx.xxx.xx.zzznDate: Tue Jan 23 13:32:48
CST 2007 PROBLEM: dns2/NSLookup is CRITICAL

So I was wrong a bit, it's filling in the IPs and hostnames...