Distributed Monitoring

John Longland jlongland at grintek.com
Mon Jan 22 10:56:01 CET 2007

Yes you can.

Do a google for distributed monitoring.

Basically it caomes down to having the one nagios configured as a slave.
It then passes all its info to the main Nagios. The services that are
monitored
on the slave nagios, are configured as "passive" on the main Nagios., but
the
data is still displayed with all the other "active" check-data on the same
screen.

One thing that I did:
Because the data from the slave gets passed on NOT on request but passively,
if the slave nagios dies, the main will not know about it. So my
slave-nagios is actively checked
with a ping by the main-nagios.

John