Nagios defunct processes

Mark Frasa m.frasa at nl.tiscali.com
Fri Jan 19 17:20:45 CET 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:05:51 -0600
"Marc Powell" <marc at ena.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hello,

The little ones i pasted go away even faster, but you are orientating on the wrong part of my question :)
The real problem is that this process:

nagios   14417  2593  0 Jan16 ?        00:00:00 [nagios <defunct>]

Will last there until we kill -HUP kill -9 and restart nagios.
And while this process stays defunct nagios is acting like there are two instances running.

Thanks for your help so far, i appreciate it!

Cheers,
Mark.