check host alive

Fri Jan 19 15:06:36 CET 2007

"Time to live exceeded" is an error response from a router/intermediate
host during a Ping/traceroute - I think it usually means that a packet
has exceeded its "max hops" count, so if you're getting this error,
chances are it's encountered a loop somewhere as I'm sure the default
TTL is 128 hops (I could be wrong though.)

"Plugin timed out after 10 seconds" means the plugin didn't get a
response back from any router within 10 seconds.

Andy.

Riahi Taieb wrote:
> HI ,
>
> I'd like to know the difference between : "Time to live exceeded" and
> "Plugin timed out after 10 seconds" in the check_host_alive command
>
> Thx
>
> --
> Riahi Taieb
>
> !DSPAM:37,45b0cf3b137101178362045!

> !DSPAM:37,45b0cf3b137101178362045!

> !DSPAM:37,45b0cf3b137101178362045!

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834