Executing Of Event Handlers

edalB edalb1979 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 14:42:05 CET 2007

Hi all.

I have created a event handler as a test to see how it works. The hard
part I have done.

I created a ssh key on on the nagios server. I tested that I am able
to connect via ssh over to the other server working 100% fine.

I then next tested my ssh connection using my ssh key to execute the
sudo apache2 restart on the other server all worked 100%.

So in thury all is working nicely from command line.

The command line command I am using is.

/usr/bin/ssh -p 222 -i /home/nagios/.ssh/id_dsa user at server sudo
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

So what I did was I then added a extra line in my host

define service{
        use                             local-service

        host_name                       imap-1.rba.ispafrica.net
        service_description           HTTP
        event_handler                   restart-httpd
        check_command              check_http
        }