nrpe help

Chandresh Suthar chandresh.suthar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 17:27:55 CET 2007

hosts.cfg

define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

        host_name               localhost
        alias                   Solaris Server
        address                 127.0.0.1
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }
services.cfg

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

        host_name                       localhost
        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  nagios
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }

define service{
        host_name                       localhost
        service_description             NRPE - check_load
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              4
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            5
        contact_groups                  nagios
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        notification_interval           960
        notification_period             24x7
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_load
        }