Timeout

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jan 18 16:21:24 CET 2007

Standard plugins can be passed a timeout value typically with the '-t'
parameter. Run the plugin from the command line with '--help' to see if
it's supported and how to pass it. You can then modify your command{}
definition for your SMTP plugin to specify the timeout value. You could
even go so far as to pass the timeout value as an argument from your
service definitions so you could have different timeouts for different
SMTP service checks.

Additionally, nagios has its own max time that it will allow a plugin to
run (service_check_timeout in nagios.cfg). This value should be equal to
or higher than your longest running plugin's timeout.

--
Marc