Monitoring question

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Jan 17 20:05:30 CET 2007

Sounds like you need to give nagios a real shell in /etc/passwd.

> I ran ./check-httpd as root and when I typed that in - nothing
happened.

This really speaks of such a basic misunderstanding of how nagios
interacts with plugins that I'd suggest re-reading the documentation,
specifically the object configuration documentation and plugin theory.
Use the sample config files as a reference until you understand how
they're related to what's in the documentation.

Finally, testing nagios functions as the root user will not reliably
provide the same results as when run from nagios.

--
Marc