Monitoring question

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Jan 17 19:58:54 CET 2007

Do I
> still need to set permission for the nagios user to restart httpd. If
so

Yes, you do. The nagios program runs as user nagios so logically, any
programs that are called from nagios are run as that user.

> how do I grant nagios user passwordless access? Also if it is being
called

'man sudoers' ;) The hand-holding approach is to --
	- run 'visudo' as root
	- at the end of the file add 'nagios  ALL= NOPASSWD:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd'
	- exit your editor
	- test. Become the nagios user. If you're root, run 'su -
nagios' to become the nagios user. Type 'id' to verify that you are
indeed nagios, then run 'sudo /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart' and verify
that httpd restarted.
	- modify your event handler script to include 'sudo ' in front
of every occurrence of '/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd'

> SERVICE EVENT HANDLER what do I need to change this to and where?

It's not being called that. I was just pointing out that nagios was
logging that it was running your event handler (described later in those
lines).

--
Marc