NRPE: static linked libraries?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Jan 17 10:20:32 CET 2007

Thomas.Zimmer at oppenheim.de wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Is there any possiblity to compile NRPE with static linked libs?

Yes. The man-page for your linker (or possibly your compiler) will tell
you how to do this.

> I´ve the problem, that NRPE ist missing (ssl-)libs when running it under inetd/user root, the environment of my nagios user is not set.

This sounds strange. Where are the ssl-libs located? Is that directory
one where the dynamic link loader looks for libraries (mentioned in
/etc/ld.so.conf or LD_RUN_PATH (for ELF systems) or LD_LIBRARY_PATH (for
ancient unix type systems)? Have you run ldconfig (or your system's
equivalence) since you installed the libraries?

> Is there any simple solution?

Check the above and do the appropriate fix, or link nrpe statically.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se