Nagios receiving acknowledgements from behind firewall?

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Mon Jan 15 23:11:27 CET 2007

Hi,
I'm building a website which will be hosted on a paid-hosting provider.
I'd like to be able to click on a link that will send acknowledgments
and comments in to a Nagios server running on a corporate LAN.  So,
there's a firewall between the hosted website and the Nagios site, with
Nagios able to connect directly to the hosted site, but the hosted site
can't talk to Nagios.

Is there any way to get Nagios to poll for acknowledgments and
comments?  I looked into using NRPE for this, but it seems to only
handle service and host checks, not acks and comments.  Has anyone done
this before?

Disclaimer:  it's for a commercial service.  I won't advertise it here,
but I just wanted y'all to know, just in case.

-Dave