Using external commands with web interface

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jan 15 14:56:54 CET 2007

/var/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd.
> The nagios config file also looks correct, but for some reason it
still
> says that there is an issue with permissions when I try to add a
Comment
> to a host via the web interface.
>
> Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Giving the exact error message you see, any errors in your web server
log file and specifically what you've done so far would go a long way to
clear up the crystal ball.

The documentation is going to be more useful than the FAQ. Have you read
--

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/cgiauth.html and
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/installweb.html?

Are you using an OS that uses SELinux? If so, have you allowed
http_context to the command file?

Did you manually create nagios.cmd? If so, don't, nagios must create it.

--
Marc