CHECK_FTP returns "Connection refused"

Bret Goodfellow Bret.Goodfellow at questar.com
Fri Jan 12 20:01:11 CET 2007

I tried the IP address from the command line (logged in as nagios), and
I did get the expected reponse:
  FTP OK - ......etc.
There is only one daemon running for nagios.  BTW, there are other
services setup and running okay for this particular host.  It's just
that the service "check_ftp" responds with "Connection refused" on the
web interface.