Bug in Nagios 2.6 regarding multiple hostgroupslines in services.cfg

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jan 12 01:34:17 CET 2007

That's pretty unclear. You're sure it's a bug because...? It's
specifically documented as possible at...? The definition you're trying
to use looks like...?

It sounds to me that what you're trying to do just isn't supported.
Multiple 'members' lines are only supported for hostgroup{} definitions
and is a new feature with nagios-2.0
(http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/whatsnew.html). No other object
type supports that kind of construct (multiple object{} atoms) that I
can think of off the top of my head. It sounds to me that you have a
feature request, not a bug report. In either case, it is best suited to
nagios-devel. I'm under the impression that Ethan rarely reads this
list, at least he rarely participates. Be very clear about what you're
trying to do, giving examples, when you post.

--
Marc