CHECK_FTP returns "Connection refused"

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jan 11 20:50:28 CET 2007

The echo was a vital part of the command I wanted you use in nagios. It
was designed specifically to output information to /tmp/nagios-runs-me
so that you could see the command nagios was executing, but not actually
execute it. This may still be informational and is worth doing right.
The key question right now though is how does this successful command
definition differ from the one you were using previously? You saw this
successful run from the web interface?

> Here are my config files:
>
> Checkcommands.cfg
> # 'check_ftp' command definition
> define command{
> 	command_name	check_ftp
> 	command_line	$USER1$/check_ftp -H $HOSTADDRESS$
> 	}

OK. This is good. $HOSTADDRESS$ is going to be 10.8.24.170 based on your
host definition. I am assuming at this point that $USER1$ is defined
properly. What happens when you run '/path/to/nagios/plugins/check_ftp
-H 10.8.24.170' as the nagios user?

Finally, is it possible that you had a bad host address or different
check_ftp{} command definition in the past and you've changed them
recently? You might have an old nagios daemon running in tandem with old
config information. Do you have any nagios processes running with a
start time older than your last restart?

--
Marc