no libexec after intalling plugins!

Wed Jan 10 22:09:25 CET 2007

Sam Fraser wrote:
> Hello All, could someone please advise me where I've gone wrong
> installing my plugins?
>
> The problem is with this installation step
>
> Install the compiled plugins and plugin scripts with the following
> command:
>
> make install
>
> The installation procedure will attempt to place the plugins in a
> 'libexec/' subdirectory in the base directory you specified with
> the --prefix argument to the configure script.
>
> The problem is that this folder never turns up in
The problem is you've got a lot of MySQL errors - have you specified the
correct path to MySQL in the ./configure statement?
(--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql).

> make[1]: *** [check_mysql-check_mysql.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/plugins'
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
This indicates the "make" operation failed - which is why you don't have
a libexec directory yet. Sort your MySQL errors out and you should be OK
then.

Regards

Andy