Problems compiling ndoutils-1.4b1

tom.welsh at bt.com tom.welsh at bt.com
Wed Jan 10 11:07:19 CET 2007

Hi List,

My box config is as follows

SUSE Linux enterprise Server 9.2
Mysql 5.0.27
Php 5.2.0
Apache 2.0.59
Nagios 2.6
Nagios Plugins 1.4.5

Im trying to install ndoutils on my SLES 9.2 box and getting an error
whilst doing a make. I see the following in my ./configure

---------------------------------< SNIP
>---------------------------------

*** MySQL library could not be located... **************************

You chose to compile NDBXT with MySQL support, but I was unable to
locate the MySQL library on your system.  If the library is
installed,  use the --with-mysql-lib argument to specify the
location of the MySQL library.

NOTE: After you install the necessary libraries on your system:
      1. Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf has an entry for the directory in
         which the MySQL libraries are installed.
      2. Run 'ldconfig' to update the run-time linker options.
      3. Run 'make devclean' in the NDBXT distribution to clean out
         any old references to your previous compile.
      4. Rerun the configure script.

TIP: Try the following....

         ./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql

checking mysql/mysql.h usability... yes
checking mysql/mysql.h presence... yes
checking for mysql/mysql.h... yes
checking for PQconnectdb in -lpq... No

---------------------------------< SNIP
>---------------------------------

Now I have done everything it has said in the sections above from
./configure and I still get the error.

I compiled mysql from source and I have installed the following from
RPMs

MySQL-client-5.0.27-0.glibc23.i386.rpm
MySQL-devel-5.0.27-0.glibc23.i386.rpm
MySQL-shared-5.0.27-0.glibc23.i386.rpm

If I run a 'make' I get the following before it bombs out

make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/welsht2/downloads/nagios/ndoutils-1.4b1/src'
gcc -O0 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c -o db.o db.c
gcc -O0 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D BUILD_NAGIOS_2X -c -o dbhandlers-2x.o
dbhandlers.c
gcc -O0 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -D BUILD_NAGIOS_2X -o ndo2db-2x ndo2db.c
dbhandlers-2x.o io.o utils.o db.o  -L/usr/lib/mysql  -lnsl
utils.o(.text+0x131): In function `ndo_dbuf_strcat':
/home/welsht2/downloads/nagios/ndoutils-1.4b1/src/utils.c:67: undefined
reference to `ceil'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [ndo2db-2x] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/welsht2/downloads/nagios/ndoutils-1.4b1/src'
make[1]: *** [ndo2db] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/welsht2/downloads/nagios/ndoutils-1.4b1/src'

Anyone any ideas what ive done wrong. All help gratefully received.

Regards

Tom Welsh