Separate notification_interval for warnings?

Lacayo, Luis F lflacayo at cps.k12.il.us
Mon Jan 8 17:53:06 CET 2007

HI,

Does this actually work,

define serviceescalation{
        host_name               *
        service_description     *
        contact_groups          contactgroup_name
        first_notification      1
        last_notification       0
        notification_interval   60
        escalation_period       timeperiod_name
        escalation_options      w
}

I am looking for a way to do escalations, but I have many hosts and many
contact groups.  So I would like to do this by host so I can handle the
escalations a little bit cleaner.

I would like to do this

define serviceescalation{
        host_name               my_server
        service_description     *
        contact_groups           unix_team
        first_notification      1
        last_notification       10
        notification_interval   60
        escalation_period       24x7
}

define serviceescalation{
        host_name               my_server
        service_description     *
        contact_groups           unix_supervisor
        first_notification      4
        last_notification       10
        notification_interval   60
        escalation_period       24x7
}

Or is there a better way to handle this?

As always thanks in Advance for all the input.

Luis Lacayo