Separate notification_interval for warnings?

Mike Hamrick mikeh at muppetlabs.com
Mon Jan 8 07:59:03 CET 2007

Howdy,

I have nagios set up to send notifications every five minutes.  This
makes sense when a service is CRITICAL, but makes less sense when it
is simpily WARNING.  Warnings go to a separate email alias... every
five minutes.  Normally during the day I acknowledge them, but during
the evening they can generate quite a lot of spam.  I couldn't figure
out a good way to solve this problem, so I ended up adding a new
variable to nagios 2.6 called warn_notification_interval which only
gets applied to services/hosts in the WARNING state.

My question is, is this useful or is there an easier way to solve this
problem I just couldn't think of?  I'd be willing to create a patch
for my changes if anyone is interested.

Mike