Nagios Timezone

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Sat Jan 6 01:40:32 CET 2007

On Jan 5, 2007, at 1:32 PM, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Israel Brewster wrote:
>
>> So how do I determine what the proper setting for my timezone is? I
>> tried setting TZ="America/Anchorage" but this didn't have any effect.
>
> That is NOT a valid TZ variable. If you take a minute you can use your
> favorite search engine and actually find the documentation on the TZ
> variable.
>
> Like: http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/TZ-
> Variable.html

Yep, that's exactly what I did, which is where I got the idea to use
America/Anchorage. Which, I might point out IS a valid TZ variable
according to the page you linked, which you apparently didn't bother
to read... Sorry, after a response like that, I couldn't resist. At
any rate, setting the variable doesn't appear to have any effect. Is
Nagios pulling from the BIOS clock rather than the system clock or
something? I suppose I could set the BIOS clock to local time, and
just tell the system clock that I am in the GMT time-zone, but that
would be downright ugly. I would much prefer to find a nicer
solution, if one is available. Even if I have to edit the source, I
can do that, as long as I know where to look. Thanks.