Problem with check_pgsql

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Jan 4 20:49:33 CET 2007

Sorry about that. The OS is Fedora Core 5. How would I add the directory to the
library search path?

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Morris [mailto:patrick.morris at hp.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 2:55 PM
To: Kaplan, Andrew H.
Cc: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Problem with check_pgsql

Hi Kaplan,!

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:

> I am encountering and error every time I try to run the check_pgsql plugin.
The
> error is the following:
>
> Error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5: cannot open shared object
> file. No such file or directory.
>
> What steps do I need to take to correct this? Thanks.

You haven't said what you're running it on, so I can't give specifics,
but you need that directory in the library search path when the plugin
is called.

THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN THIS ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSON OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED MATERIAL.  ANY REVIEW, RETRANSMISSION, DISSEMINATION OR OTHER USE OF OR TAKING OF ANY ACTION IN RELIANCE UPON, THIS INFORMATION BY PERSONS OR ENTITIES OTHER THAN THE INTENDED RECIPIENT IS PROHIBITED.  IF YOU RECEIVED THIS INFORMATION IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER AND THE PRIVACY OFFICER, AND PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THIS INFORMATION.