Problem Compiling NRPE 2.6 on Fedora Core 5

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Tue Jan 2 18:58:48 CET 2007

Hi there --

I got around the issue by recompiling nrpe without ssl support. Once I did that,
I then configured the command definition on the server not to use ssl,
and then also had the client in question run nrpe in a similar manner.

I know that is not a solution but really a workaround. As it is, I am now able
to monitor the remote client.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 5:04 PM
To: Kaplan, Andrew H.
Cc: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Problem Compiling NRPE 2.6 on Fedora Core 5

This seems as if it could be an error in the makefile, a missing library
on your system, or an incorrect path in your /etc/ld.so.conf file.

Try passing "LDFLAGS=-ldl" to the configure script - eg.

LDFLAGS="-ldl" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios

Or, find the "dl" library (find / -name libdl*) and add the path to it:

LDFLAGS="/lib -ldl" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios

Andy.

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834