cgi.cfg

Michael Weiner hunter at userfriendly.net
Mon Feb 26 13:57:49 CET 2007

Dear list readers -

I am somewhat new to nagios, but i have had a pretty good experience in
building, installing, and configuring nagios to this point. I have built 2.7
on a Fedora Core 6 box - patched to the latest revs of all rpms.

I am experiencing two issues, which i am having trouble getting around. The
first issue, and probably the most concerning is that whenever i define the
cgi.cfg in nagios.cfg and run nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg it fails
complaining about the first unremarked line in the file - so, i remark that
one out, and rerun the check and again it complains about the next
unremarked line - this continues until the entire file is remarked out. Now
i have checked and i dont define any of the items in the cgi.cfg anywhere
else, and i dont define that file more than once. I am really confused why
it keeps failing, and why i cannot define things like the authentication in
the file (using the sample cgi.cfg to start with).

The second issue is alerts, that i am not receiving from nagios. I need to
look at this a little more closely, but after installing nagiosweb to make
the configuration files a little easier for a jr admin to understand and
configure - i havent gotten any alerts - and i DO have 1 system not
pingable, etc, so i should be getting 'some'

Anyway i would appreciate any thoughts on the cgi.cfg problem

Thank you in advance
Michael Weiner