Vacation notification rant

Derek J. Balling deballing at vassar.edu
Fri Feb 23 20:42:29 CET 2007

Andy Moran wrote:
> If you are using an auto-responder that is too stupid to honor the
> sign up to mailing lists.

Hell, I'll even make it easier. "Precedence: list" is a relatively
modern invention compared to simply checking "Am I a recipient in the To
or CC field"?

FWIW, on the lists I maintain for myself and others, that's an
instant-ban offense. Not sure that's right for *here* but I certainly
wouldn't complain if it happened....

Derek J. Balling
Manager of Systems Administration
Vassar College