Notification Options

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Fri Feb 23 20:27:57 CET 2007

There are lots of options.  One thing I do is to have a separate
template for each class of host or service.  The template will specify
the contact_groups option, for example:

template for GOLD hosts has
contact_groups    me,engineers,on-call

template for SILVER hosts has
contact_groups   me,engineers

template for BRONZE hosts has
contact_groups  engineers   (I don't care about bronze hosts)

tempate for ROUTERS has
contact_groups  comms_guys,comms_pager

I agree with you, it often makes sense to define a separate contact
for paging, not least because it will probably want alerts in a
different timeperiod to ordinary users.

hth,  Jim

p.s. sorry Sean, you'll get this twice 'cos I forgot to reply to the
list at first.