notification_interval in serviceescalation ignored

Rejo Zenger nagios-users at subs.krikkit.nl
Thu Feb 22 22:00:21 CET 2007

++ 22/02/07 17:35 +0100 - Sjaak Nabuurs:
>Looks like an performance issue, long timeouts on plugins.
>Can you track the check_execution_time and the check_latency when you
>have an escalation.

Generally, these seem to be allright. At any given time the service
check latency is about 3 to 10 seconds on average, the service check
execution time is on average less then 1 second. I don't believe these
are too high (375+ hosts, 1775+ services).

However after posting the previous post, I re-read the documentation for
the n'th time and I came across this particular line:

 | In any case where there are multiple valid escalation definitions
 | for a particular notification, Nagios will choose the smallest
 | notification interval.

And I believe this is exactly my problem. So, I rewrote the config and I
am now awaiting a live example (and if that takes too long, I will
create a long-lasting critical :)).

--
Rejo Zenger <rejo at zenger.nl> https://rejo.zenger.nl