NRPE unable to read output

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:49:01 CET 2007

I know that nrpe works, I run over 100 checks via nrpe, and on this host
all other nrpe checks work.

I don't know if it's really the sudo in the line because I have another
line which says

command[check_another_plugin]=sudo /etc/nagios/another_plugin

and this works fine when called via nrpe as such

check_nrpe -H hostname -c check_another_plugin
OK: test ok

If sudo was the problem, I would expect both checks to fail, but the
other one works fine.

Also, I need to run the check with sudo because this check will not work
without root privs and my
nrpe runs under the nagios user.

-h

Hari Sekhon