FW: Reports using NDOutils?

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) J.F.Wheeler at rl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 21 12:04:22 CET 2007

(big snip)
> forever?  (~500 hosts / 6000+ srvcs)
> > >
> > > Well, considering that only state changes matters, it isn't that
crazy.

> > The only place where I have had to do anything is with the
logentries
> > table which (in our case) has written more records than is allowed
by
> > MySQL and sometimes generates MySQL errors.  Deleting old entries
solves
> > the problem (I have a script that deletes entries more than 6 weeks
> > old).
>
> Deleting old entries didn't wacks historical state change data?

I do not see a need to keep the log data for more than six weeks in the
SQL tables; these are separate from the log files on the Nagios server.
Note that there is no cleanup of the Nagios logs (as far as I am aware),
so these need to be cleared out every so often as well.  I have a
separate script which compresses all log files except the last six and
only keeps 190 files (about 6 months of data) in the log archives
directory.

Jonathan Wheeler
e-Science Centre
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory