htaccess authorization error..

abid dar snyper9311 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 03:32:23 CET 2007

So I am getting the infamous cgi access error:

"It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any of the services you requested..

If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file."

-- my httpd.conf file--

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/local/nagios/sbin

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
    Options ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthName "Nagios Access"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share

<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthName "Nagios Access"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
    Require valid-user
</Directory>

--my .htaccess file that is the sbin folder

AuthName "Nagios Access"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
require valid-user

--htpasswd.users in etc folder

nagiosadmin:xxxx
james:xxxx

--

When I first go to nagios page

http://localhost/nagios/

I get prompted for a username and password and then it lets me in the site but when I click on any links it get the authorization error.

the one thing that works is when I turn authentication off I dont have a problem..

--in cgi.cfg when set to 0 it works but when set to 1 it doesnt.

use_authentication=0

this has got to be a simple problem with .htpasswd or .htaccess right?

when I created the files I followed the documentation and the fact it lets me initially but not into the sub links I get that error..

any thoughts?

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/