What to Monitor

Sébastien Barbereau barbereau at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 15:35:54 CET 2007

tpc port state
service answer
mailqueueS (amount of mails per mail queue, size of mailqueueS) => depends
on your smtp software

disk space
number of smtp processes
number of AV/anti-spam and related processes
number of open ports on the host
log file
DNS service behabiors (resolv working or cache OK)

of course there are also all other system related services which may be
running on the servers: snmpd, sshd, traffic on interface,...