Snmptt

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Fri Feb 16 20:58:33 CET 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Kevin DaSilva wrote:

> Thank you....
>
> Some how my net-snmp or snmpt is translating the INTEGER instead of the
> OID.
>
> To your knowledge are there any parameters that need to setup?

There are several config parameters pertaining to OID translation:

Mine are set like this:

# Set to 1 to enable the use of the Perl module from the UCD-SNMP /
# NET-SNMP package.
net_snmp_perl_enable = 1

# This sets the best_guess parameter used by the UCD-SNMP / NET-SNMP
# Perl module for
# translating symbolic nams to OIDs and vice versa.
net_snmp_perl_best_guess = 2

# Configures how the OID of the received trap is handled when outputting
# to a log file /
# database.  It does NOT apply to the $O variable.
translate_log_trap_oid = 1

# Configures how OIDs contained in the VALUE of the variable bindings
# are handled.
translate_value_oids = 1

# Configures how the symbolic enterprise OID will be displayed for $E.
translate_enterprise_oid_format = 1

# Configures how the symbolic trap OID will be displayed for $O.
translate_trap_oid_format = 1

# Configures how the symbolic trap OID will be displayed for $v, $-n,
translate_varname_oid_format = 1

# Set to 0 to disable converting INTEGER values to enumeration tags as
# defined in the
# MIB files
translate_integers = 1

# Allows you to set the MIBS environment variable used by SNMPTT
mibs_environment = ALL