Subgrouping Host groups.

Lacayo, Luis F lflacayo at cps.k12.il.us
Fri Feb 16 17:49:59 CET 2007

Good Morning all,

I have what might seem like a dumb question.   I monitor some 800+  and
last night I was thinking of a way to make my NAGIOS groups more
readable.
I know that the display sorts based on hostgroup_name,  Having said
that, I can  name my groups 1-1, 1-2, 1-3,  2-1, 2-2  etc.  I can do
that it is fairly simple.  I also found out that you can insert html
tags on the hostgroup alias which make is easy make the Group names
bolded and stick out.

So I would like to do something like

WINDOWS SERVERS
ISHARE
	Exchange
	Active Directory
	File Server
Linux
	FTP Server
	Web Server

Sun
	DNS
	DHCP

Cisco
	Access Points
	Core Switches

Etc..

So my question for all of you have the know how, is there a better way
to do this?

Thanks,

Luis

Luis Lacayo