Scheduling queue falling behind.

Robert Stafford rdstafford at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 18:07:23 CET 2007

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this, but I've been trying to
figure out why the scheduling queue on my nagios server is always 20-30
minutes behind the current time.  What I mean by that is the next check item
is 20-30 minutes past the current time.  I have 49 servers and 3 checks per
server (ping, a process check, and syslog-ng(passive).  I've tried tweaking
all the settings for scheduling checks and only seem to make it worse.  I'm
currently running version 2.5.  I didn't think that it would run into
problems with this few since I've seen 300+ servers with 1000+ service
checks.  Am I just missing something?

Thanks,

Robert Stafford
Systems Engineer