check_smtp socket timeout problem

Lane, Jim Jim.Lane at CIBC.com
Thu Feb 15 15:34:01 CET 2007

It now seems the problem must have been with sendmail on the monitored
system. I was modifying debug options and restarting the sendmail daemon
in hopes of getting useful info. After a couple of restarts all of a
sudden the plug-in started to work properly. Beats me!

-Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Marc
Powell
Sent: February 15, 2007 9:28 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] check_smtp socket timeout problem

Please always respond on list so that others benefit from your
experience and to maximize your chances of finding a solution.

Are you using the latest version of the plugins? There was a bug a long
time ago that prevented the plugin from successfully quitting in some
circumstances. If you're familiar with the usage of strace or truss, the
output around where the plugin sends the QUIT command might be
informative.

--
Marc

-