FW: Reports using NDOutils?

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) J.F.Wheeler at rl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 15 11:17:47 CET 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users On Behalf Of Marcel Mitsuto Fucatu Sugano
Sent: 14 February 2007 19:27

> On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 09:58 -0800, Trask wrote:
>> Are there any projects, addons, or home-made scripts out there that
>> people are using that pulls data from the NDO output and creates
>> reports?  I've done a good bit of searching and haven't found
>> anything, but it seems like such a logical thing to have that I
figure
>> someone has done this already.
>
> I am waiting for same sort of thing as well. I am doing some
researching
> around NDOUtils too, 'cause I'll need Nagios to watch over Service
Level
> Agreement thresholds.

I have a PHP script which gets information from the NDOUtils MySQL
tables to display machine status on a web page (we have a home-grown
script which provides a single page display of our farm of 800+
servers).

I also plan to write scripts that will get plain-text output from the
MySQL tables for use when administrators do not have access to the
Nagios web pages

(snip)

>> 2) Is it crazy to think I can keep *all* the NDO data forever?  (~500
>> hosts / 6000+ srvcs)
>
> Well, considering that only state changes matters, it isn't that
crazy.

The only place where I have had to do anything is with the logentries
table which (in our case) has written more records than is allowed by
MySQL and sometimes generates MySQL errors.  Deleting old entries solves
the problem (I have a script that deletes entries more than 6 weeks
old).

(snip)

Jonathan Wheeler
e-Science Centre