Checking Windows counter via nagios, nsclient++, and nrpe

Carsten Koop CKoop at vrg.de
Thu Feb 15 08:30:45 CET 2007

Hi all,

If you're using NSClient++, you can check all the WMI-Counters with the
following command:
./check_nt -H 127.0.0.1 -p 1234  -v COUNTER -l
'\\Terminaldienste\\Sitzungen Insgesamt'

(You have to search the correct Counter with the Windows Performance
Monitor)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

      Carsten Koop

"James Whittington" <James.Whittington at vc3.com>
Gesendet von: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
14.02.2007 17:00

An
"Robert Wolfe" <rwolfe at shatterit.com>,
<Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Kopie

Thema
Re: [Nagios-users] Checking Windows counter via nagios, nsclient++, and
nrpe

checkCounter can check any performance counter object in windows as far as
I know.

I found out if you are using nsclient++ the command “nsclient++
CheckSystem listpdh” would dump all the counters it found.
I looked for the process I was wanting to watch to find the right syntax
for the process and instance.

James Whittington
Systems Engineer
VC3, Inc.