Fwd: Re: Net-SNMP and SNMPTT

Kevin DaSilva DaSilva at naps.edu
Tue Feb 13 15:22:58 CET 2007

>>> Kevin DaSilva 2/13/2007 9:21 AM >>>
Thank You Patrick for your help! After installing the Config::IniFiles
and the rest of the prerequisites... I am now able to receive traps!

Quick question... when I set the debugging on, I show all of my traps
as "Unknown Traps". I was under the assumption that a I should see
something in the spool directory and/or a snmptt.log file. Right?

Attached are copies of my debug file and snmpt.ini for reference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (again!)

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007, Kevin DaSilva wrote:

> Where do the 2 files get placed?

> On Fri, 09 Feb 2007, Kevin DaSilva wrote:
>
> > I set to the debug to 2 and no logging... When I try to run the
handler manually this is what I get...

> > nagios1:/sbin # snmptt
> > Can't locate Config/IniFiles.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at
/usr/sbin/snmptt line 3515.

> > Must have to do something with Perl....
>
> Yep. You need the Config::IniFiles module installed.  Check the
> "Requirements" section of the docs for the other prerequisites you
need.

It depends how you're installing it -- there are a few ways you could
do
it.  You could either just install a package if your OS ditribution
has
one available, you could install it through CPAN ("perl -MCPAN -e
shell",
followed by "install Config::IniFiles") , or you could grab the
source package and do "perl Makefile.PL; make; make install".

Just dropping the two files you have into one of the directories
mentioned in your error message (I'm not sure which two you're
referring to) may or may not work, but I wouldn't recommend it.