Problems with sqlplus (Oracle)

Carsten Koop CKoop at vrg.de
Tue Feb 13 09:36:23 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm using SQL Plus 10.2 - my tnsnames.ora looks like this:

test.oracle =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = < insert ip here>)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = <insert instancename/SID here>)
    )
   )

save the file and try: sqlplus user/pass at test.oracle - should work - even
under 10.1
I'm working with Oracle 9 and 10.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

      Carsten Koop

" magic_rooter" <magic.rooter at gmail.com>
Gesendet von: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
13.02.2007 09:29

An
nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Kopie

Thema
[Nagios-users] Problems with sqlplus (Oracle)

Hello. I have just installed sqlplus in order to write my own perl
plugin to check oracle db.
But I have the following errorw while connecting and I don't know what to
do:(

[root at nagios libexec]# sqlplus user/pass@//server/test_db
SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.5.0 - Production on Tue Feb 13 11:21:58 2007

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

ERROR:
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Enter user-name:
ERROR:
ORA-12162: TNS:net service name is incorrectly specified
______________________
I made strace of sqlplus and saw that I have no tnsnames.ora and
sqlplus.ora files. I have made it and put to /root/.sqlplus.ora and
/etc/tnsnames.ora
Here are these files:
tnsnames.ora
TEST =
  (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = server)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SID=TEST)
    )