Nagios false positive returns critical but serviceis really OK

Josh Yost Josh.Yost at epsiia.com
Mon Feb 12 20:10:42 CET 2007

Bryn Smith wrote:
> Morris, Patrick wrote:
> The key is fine, I've checked.  I can run the command above from the
> command line and it returns an answer, and I can even run the shell
> script that snmp_check_load_external_url calls (disk.sh), and THAT
> returns an answer too.  It's like it just doesn't make it into the web
> interface, even though it does for every other machine in that service
> definition (and, of course, worked for this one until yesterday).

Hi,
	Are you trying to run the command as the actual nagios user to see if
anything is different?  If all the checks are running over ssh, maybe
you have to specify a key file?  Or you could check the auth logs on the
remote server, to see if it's logging the denied attempts.

What else changed on that one host (authorized_keys file, sshd settings,
etc)?

good luck,
 - Josh