NEXSM Authentication Error "The puller's parameter is incorrect"

Steve Barnes barness at paynet.co.ke
Tue Feb 6 18:44:11 CET 2007

Hi List :)

I'm trying to get NEXSM running and believe I have (nearly) everything
in place however...

1. I access the nexsm.php, I am asked to download the jnlp, I select
Open with Java Web Start Launcher. I get a small splash screen for
Nexsm/Nexsm (all good so far)
2. I'm then asked to authenticate. I enter my username/password as
configured when installing nagios (all things still ok)
3. The authentication dialog goes away and I am then told that the
application's digital signature is invalid and do I want to still run
the application. I select "Run" (no problems here?)
4. Having selected "Run" I am then asked to authenticate again - "You
are trying to access: http://nagios.paynet.co.ke, Username: Password:"
(here comes the problem)
5. Entering the previous auth credentials (step 2), and for that matter
anything I can think of, returns the error "The puller's parameter is
incorrect" (show stopper)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

Steve