Processes hanging - Nagios 3rc1 on FreeBSD

Chris Haulmark chris at sigd.net
Fri Dec 28 15:19:42 CET 2007

Hello Alex:

> On 28/12/2007, Alex French <alex at evilal.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Running rc1 on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE. Compiled both from ports and
from
> > original source (no difference in syptoms).
>
> By the way, in case it helps, here's what lsof says about the child
> process:

[...snip...]

I ran into this same problem with the beta versions.  I created a file
as the workaround.  This bug has been reported but apparently is lost
in the email archives with no official bug support.

try this:

add those lines to /etc/libmap.conf
[/usr/local/bin/nagios]

libpthread.so.2           libthr.so.2

libpthread.so             libthr.so

I just removed my libmap.conf and restarted nagios to test if the RC1
still uses 100% of the CPU.  Apparently it did not.

I have not tested the rest of the nagios slaves in my distribution setup
yet.

Chris