Remote Execution Service Dependencies on Same Host's Remote Execution Method

SCHAER Frederic frederic.schaer at cea.fr
Fri Dec 21 14:46:52 CET 2007

Hi,

In my service dependency config file, I have this kind of thing :

define servicedependency{

                hostgroup_name                  *,!NON_NRPE_NODES

                service_description             nrpe daemon

                dependent_service_description   var partition
freespace,tmp partition freespace,root free space,quattor daemons,home
partition freespace,firewall

                execution_failure_criteria      u,w,c

                notification_failure_criteria   u,w,c,p

                }

The hostgroup NON_NRPE_NODES is excluded for the dependencies, because
it's not managed the same way as other nodes.

You could probably generate a group called "NRPE NODES" or something
like this, and instead of using * like me, define this service
dependency on this hostgroup only.

I'm using Nagios 3.0b7 at the moment, I don't know which version you're
using nor if this was available in Nagios 2.10 though...

Hope this helps ?

Regards