check_perc.pl

Karl Katzke kkatzke at tamu.edu
Wed Dec 19 22:16:42 CET 2007

Robert -

Let me guess, you're running it as root... ? Remember that the Nagios user is very unprivileged, and if you're having a problem with it running things, you may need to wrap the command so that it can run as a privileged user.

-Karl

---
Karl Katzke
Systems Analyst II
TAMU - RGS

>>> "Robert Ferguson" <robert.ferguson at replacements.com> 12/19/2007 3:09 PM >>>
Good Afternoon

I am having an issue with this plugin.  Maybe one of you can help.  I am
receiving a null return when nagios runs this command, however when
running on command line, it returns just fine.  Here is my command
definition and define service:

# 'check_perc.pl' command definition

define command{

                command_name             check_perc

                command_line                  $USER1$/check_perc.pl -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -D $ARG2$ -T $ARG3$

                }

define service{

                use
local-service

                host_name                         HostNameHere

                service_description        Check Perc

                check_command             check_perc!public!phys!am

                }

As I said, I have been successful in running this at the command line
both as root and as nagiosuser.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert