Setting UP Host Groups

Michael Palmieri mcp76 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 16:03:56 CET 2007

Hello All,

I have been trying to figure out to setup host groups for a long time now and cannot figure it out at all.

I have a both switches and servers that I wish to organize in how they are displayed by Nagios.

It would be nice to have groups defined where all DSL routers are categorized under the DSL routers group and all Frame Relay routers are categorized under Frame Relay group.  I recently started monitoring servers and I would like to have servers categorized under the servers group.

I am not sure if I have my configuration files set up correctly.  As an example I just created two configuration file in my server folder.  I do not understand how to fix this error message

error: Host group 'windows-servers' has already been definedError: Could not register host group (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/servers/inbp.cfg', starting on line 49)

I have over 42 cfg files in my routers folder and will have 42 server config file in my server container.

Also, It would be nice if the Status Map did not look like one huge circle, everything is piled up one on top of another.....impossible to read.

Thanks
Michael