monitor Emc clariion

Carl Friend Carl.Friend at mathworks.com
Wed Dec 19 12:37:54 CET 2007

   Trevor Obba asks:

> I have an EMC CLARiiON AX150 I would like to monitor disk usage,
> fan, power supply, battery, temperature and uptime using Nagios's
> check_snmp plug-in but when I snmpwalk my Emc it does not seem give
> any MIBS on disk usage, fan, power supply e.t.c Can anyone please
> enlighten me on this?

   Based on the snmpwalk provided, you don't have the EMC (Data
General, actually) MIB installed in your SNMP setup.  You'll need
to locate that someplace on EMC's web-site.  There's not a whole
lot in the MIB, either; it's mainly trap definitions.

   I've got one that I faked up so my SNMP management system (also
running Nagios) can properly understand traps if anybody's interested.