MRTG Question

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Dec 18 23:39:52 CET 2007

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#forum

> I have added a Cisco router to MRTG.  I am getting Uptime information
but
> I am not getting any traffic data.  Does the traffic data use a
different
> port than SNMP?

Same port, still SNMP, different OID. You're looking for the
per-interface ifInOctets and ifOutOctets. They OID is dynamic based on
the router numbering of interfaces but are typically found under
.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10 and .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16 respectively. High
capacity interfaces are found elsewhere. Seems like you need to
understand SNMP a bit more before posting to the MRTG forum so you can
properly frame your question.

--
Marc