cgi error: "Could not read object configuration data!"

Csillag Tamas cstamas at digitus.itk.ppke.hu
Mon Dec 17 21:33:03 CET 2007

Hi,

I am using nagios 2.0b1 since it came out and I plan to upgrade to 3.x.

I set up a new machine to test out everything. I made a debian package
(on a separate host) version 30b7 and 30rc1 and installed it to the
target machine. I copied there all the configuration files too from my
old install.

nagios -v nagios.cfg
show no errors and I can start nagios and it seems to run fine.

However I have issues with the cgi interface. I get
Error: Could not read object configuration data!

If I remove most part of the services.cfg file (and restart nagios) the
cgis work fine. I could not identify which part causes the problem
(maybe a size issue?).

As far as I see the cgis have problems with the objects cache nagios
generates.
or Maybe I am wrong and made a mistake. I am not sure.

Could you help me, how to solve the problem?

Thanks,
  cstamas
--
CSILLAG Tamas (cstamas) - http://digitus.itk.ppke.hu/~cstamas

Anyone who attempts to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of
course, living in a state of sin.
   -- John von Neumann