check_proc on NRPE gives "System call sent warnings to stderr"

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Dec 14 23:54:30 CET 2007

On Dec 14, 2007, at 4:19 PM, Roger wrote:

> In my NRPE config, I have
>
> command[check_proc_java]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_procs -c
> 1:100 -C java
>
> From Nagios, I get  "System call sent warnings to stderr" when I run

Either the call to check_nrpe or the execution of the check_proc_java
command above on the target system generated errors.

> "./check_nrpe -H box -c check_proc_sshd"

Not sure how this is related. What happens if you do the same for
check_proc_java? What happens if you run the check_procs command above
on the target machine? Remember to perform these tests as the nagios
user.

--
Marc