Nagios strips quotes from command arguments

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar at stanford.edu
Fri Dec 14 23:14:14 CET 2007

On Dec 14, 2007, at 2:12 PM, Paul Lathrop wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Sorry, I forgot to post everything I tried. I have put the quotes in
> my command definition. This gives me the same result (when I also
> remove the quotes from the service definition). If I leave the quotes
> in the service definition AND the command definition, I get the same
> output, but instead of an OK state I get a WARNING state.

My nagios.cfg contains ...

# Illegal characters in macros to be stripped
illegal_macro_output_chars=`~$&|'"<>

... I wonder if you have something similar, and if so, if that is
where the quotes are being stripped out.

--
Sandor W. Sklar, Unix Systems Administrator
Stanford University Libraries & Academic Information Resources (SULAIR)