Nagios check_nwstat Syntax??

Paul news at pointdee.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 18:39:51 CET 2007

Bill Morris wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> >   I would like to monitor several of the
> > options in check_nwstat.
> >
> >   Could someone help me with the proper
> > syntax?
> >
> >   I have been testing the options on the
> > command line:
> >
> > /usr/local/nagios/libexec # ./check_nwstat -H <IP #> VMPSYS VPFSYS
> > 13300 MB purgeable on volume SYS|PurgeSYS=13300;0;0;;
> >
> >   This is the version of nwstat I am using on Nagios 2.10.
> >
> > check_nwstat (nagios-plugins 1.4.8) 1.35
> > Copyright (c) 1999 Ethan Galstad <nagios at nagios.org>
> > Copyright (c) 2000-2006 Nagios Plugin Development Team

I'm no expert but..

/path_to/check_nwstat -H x.x.x.x -v LOAD1 -w 30 -c 50 will give you the
1 minute load average with a warning at 30% and critical at 50%

/path_to/check_nwstat -H x.x.x.x -v TSYNC will give you the timesync status

/path_to/check_nwstat -H x.x.x.x -v VMF sys will give you the free space
on the SYS volume.

Hope that helps

Paul

P.S. Sorry the first reply went direct to OP not to group. Sorry Bill